baby growth baby

Saturday 31 May 2008

More Sleep... And Hair Loss?

So, Cayden is doing really well (knock on wood) with his sleeping at night. He's sleeping 'through night' for about three days. Sleeping 'through night' means sleeping 6 straight hours, not necessarily from when you put them to bed till morning. I'm feeling good now that I'm getting some sleep. He's sleeping from 9 till about 4:30. Life is good.

*****

Had anyone told me before I got pregnant about all the negative side effects AFTER the baby is actually here, I may have not panicked when things happened. Everyone tells you when you're pregnant that your hair grows and gets thicker, your nails grow and that you'll just have this 'glow'. Sounds fantastic. No one told me that once the baby is here those wonderful things fade and sometimes very quickly. When in the shower and you're washing your hair and you end up pulling a fist full of hair with it, you'll probably panic. When you brush your hair and it's full of your hair and you still have a fist full of hair when fingering through it, you'll probably panic. When you wake up in the morning with hair all over your pillow, you'll start to wonder what in the world is going on. Yes, its that wonderful thickness of your hair going away. Why can't we just keep it that way? When you're giving your baby a bath and you notice that you have a nail that needs clipped once you're done. You try to wait but your nail has other plans. You start drying baby off and off rips your nail with the towel. Ouch. Not necessarily a thing to panic about, but still not nice. And finally, the 'glow'. What I always like to refer to as the 'I've been sick all morning' glow. Yeah, that fades quickly too.. For me it fades to the wonderful world of teenage acne once again. Ew. I hope this all fades as quickly as my wonderful hair, nails and glow faded.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I feel for you! My baby is 10 months old and I'm just getting past the hair loosing issue. Someone once told me that after pregnancy you loose the hair you should've lost during those 9 months. That's not to comforting when you watch your hair going down the shower drain! Hang in there, it will get better!

The Burnetts said...

Wow...I think I better warn Misty. : )

Marmarbug said...

Yuck. I hated the hair loss. I never got the thick pregnancy hair. i lost hair the WHOLE time. I was worried I'd deliver a baby bald.
I hope that all the after effect go away soon!